With the number of clients growing, we spend almost as much time on upgrading the existing solutions as on installing the new ones. Let’s see why advance telematics solutions are taking the market despite higher prices?
1. Businesses in Sri Lanka know little about telematics, fleet management, and even GPS tracking. Despite a large number of success stories by our clients, nobody wants to pay money for the unknown – one needs to touch it, feel, and experience. That’s why installing telematics in a company often starts with cheaper basics, even though we see there’s a demand for more powerful solutions.
2. Telematics smartly addresses almost every control and monitoring issue a business may face. But it’s like with any accident – nobody ever thinks that it will happen to them. Bad things are what happens to others.
3. The growing demand in GPS tracking and fleet management gives rise to the number of telematics service providers. Consequently, the chance to meet an inexperienced telematics integrator grows. These companies often think the service ends with the installation of a GPS tracker. Without proper support and after service the solution just exists, although it is supposed to return your investments.
The real-life example
Let us share the example of “who knew?” case from our recent practice
One of the well-known educational institutions in Sri Lanka addressed KLOUDIP to install video monitoring solutions in buses that transport pupils to school and back home. It was their first step to smart transportation and they decided to start with basics.
If something happens, the camera sends a 20 seconds video to the monitoring system. School staff can watch it in the office to make sure nothing critical has happened or address the issue in a proper way. The rest of the video is stored in the internal memory for 48 hours. To upload these videos for internal storage inside the school, a driver should do it manually – remove the SD card, bring it to the IT guys who copy the data every day.
A complete solution offered by KLOUDIP:
- GPS tracking
- Video cameras
- Wi-Fi network in the vehicle parking bay
- In-house server for automatic data uploading through the established Wi-Fi network
In this case, the videos are automatically copied every time a bus visits the school, so the management board always has extensive data for every trip.
Why switch to advance telematics solutions?
The basics worked well until there appeared to be a disputable issue with the transportation of one of the pupils that demanded in-depth analysis. The case involved the pupil, his parents, and the management board of the educational institution, and the school needed the evidence that a driver couldn’t act differently.
But in the critical moment the videos for that day were missing, which resulted in the following:
- To resolve it, the school management spent dozens of hours defending its position.
- The flawless reputation was questioned for the first time.
- The cost of the upgrade appeared to be insignificant when compared to the consequences.
Our next week’s meeting ended with the following dialogue:
– If you knew such a thing will happen, would you opt for the comprehensive solution?
Now we update their basics to a complete solution initially offered by KLOUDIP.
The summary is simple. Hope for the best, while KLOUDIP defends you from the worst. Learn more about our video monitoring solutions by clicking: